Information Resource Database
Registration with the OAForum Information Resource Database
If you are participating in this registration process for the first time
please read the notes below before starting !!!
||If you have a project that deals with open archives, even if you have
not programmed a repository or service yet, please register, so other
people know about your ideas.
||If you have digital collections of metadata (OPACs), digitised or born digital
materials, you're welcome to register your repository here.
||If you developed a web based service on top of web repositories, we
would like to know, what exactly is this service and which repositories did
||Please register if you developed software while setting up a repository or service,
and if you would like to announce that to others, so it can be reused.
- Select one of the entry buttons.
- A sequence of forms will lead you through the respective
*** On each form page (except the first one after clicking the button) you have
three filling options. In each case it is only possible to use one of those:
*** Different structures require flexible input options. E.g. a project can
be initialised by one or more organisations, or have one or more contact
persons, ... - Therefore at the end of a form page there are often several
options to continue the input. Please read the descriptions of the buttons
exactly and follow the sequence in which they are representationed. Check,
which options apply on you and select the firstpossible one.
- Selection from existing data. --- By this selection you can join already
available data with your new data and need not to insert all the facts again.
Modifications in these existing data records are not possible.
- Input of new data records into form fields. --- Stars (*) are marking the
mandatory fields. Only if these are filled you can continue the input.
- No specification of ... --- The form sequence leads you through all filling out
possibilities of a section. If you can't or do not want to give specification
at an area, then with this button it is possible to suppress the mandatory
fields and to continue the input with the next form.
- At the end of the entry you will receive a (printable) summary. Here you can
check your specification again, correct, confirm or - if necessary - delete all.
- If several of the columns specified above apply to you, the process has to be
repeated for each. For simplification of the input process then overlapping
data records can be called by selection lists.
- In the lists your entry will not be callable immediately. Only if the
administrator of the database released the data, they are accessible for the public.